Remember last month when I said I’d make some Shredded Chef recipes? FINALLY!! Here is round one…… FRENCH MUSCLE TOAST!
Sounds sexy and bad ass all at the same time, and let me tell you, it is. True story – This french toast is the bomb. If you’re looking for a quick, tasty breakfast packed with macros this is some ammo for those #gainz.
The recipe called for 2 scoops of Vanilla Whey. I went to the supplement shelf and boom a travel size optimum 100% Whey Vanilla Protein container. Cracked it open… IT WAS CHOCOLATE… Hashtag traveling macros probs. But protein is never in short supply around here, and luckily, I had a left over Animal Banana Cream Whey…. because THIS MADE THE RECIPE DELICIOUS!
Try this recipe, add your own variations! Post some pics and some comments. TANK OUT!
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 scoops Animal - Banana Cream Whey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 Banana
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the milk, eggs, and egg whites together in a bowl. Then mix in the protein powder and cinnamon and beat until completely mixed.
- Soak a slice of bread in the mixture until soggy (I like to let it sit for 30 seconds or so).
- Coat a pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
- Put one or two slices of bread into the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Then flip the slices and cook the other side for another 1 – 2 minutes or until fully cooked. The bread should no longer be soggy but firm instead.
- While cooking the bread, mix up the fruit and water in a bowl. Top off each slice of bread with a spoonful.
- Excerpt From: Matthews, Michael. “The Shredded Chef: 120 Recipes for Building Muscle, Getting Lean, and Staying Healthy (The Build Muscle, Get Lean, and Stay Healthy Series).”